Celebrate The Creative Feminine

Celebrate The Creative Feminine

Welcome to all creative women and those who admire them!

This is a blog for you. Here I hope to discover with you the joy, inspiration and challenges that come with the creative spirit. We will learn from each other and find new, exciting and juicy ways to express ourselves. So, give yourself permission to slowdown a bit and honor the special woman that you are. The act of celebrating is an act of healing. Bring your passions and hold on for the ride!
- Laurie Klein

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What we can learn from 8 year olds!


My Niece Sage
I have been given this incredible gift of photographing Sage's life journey! AND she is only 8.

She's is an old soul and understands creativity well beyond her years. I am so inspired by her. During our photographic playdates she doesn't hold back, never has.

Oh to be like her! 

She doesn't self edit, who she is, how she looks, her expressions or her feelings. She is who she is and owns all of it. She loves being different and totally lets loose playing and creatively modeling for me. She is in the moment and perfect in every way.
Oh how my little inner girl wanted to feel like she was perfect in every way. She is screaming to me that she wants to come back out and play like Sage does, with totally abandonment, self confidence and innocent joy.

The irony is that I was taught at a very young age that curly hair wasn't attractive (some of you may remember the 60's, curly wasn't in, straight hair was!). One of Sage's favorite photograph that I took this summer, she is wearing a wig abundant with curly locks.


She never ceases to amaze me and inspire me. 

She shows up exactly as she is, loves that camera on her and plays her way through our photographic dates. Whether she is adorned in fairy wings or swimming underwater in a pool, she is who she is, totally present in the moment, having fun and being Sage.
There is so much for me to learn from her.


Who is this girl dressed in a wig, completely vulnerable, filled with beauty and self confidence? I wish I was as comfortable in my body as my niece Sage is. Well it is never too late.










Get Free Updates in Your Inbox

Follow Us On:

Share Us:

​

No comments:

Post a Comment